Sunday, March 7, 2010

Current Location: San Diego

Haha, yeah yeah, it's been a while since I posted, and I'm not even on the same side of the country. But, deal with it! I just finished my show, and I'll use that show as my excuse for not saying anything on here for about three weeks. It's been three weeks of two-three hour rehearsals every day. So, that'll do it, trust me.

Anyhow, Yesterday, me and Erick and his friend Mike Lowe got up at 4, and drove to the airport in Pittsburgh, and proceeded to fly our asses from PA to Cali. We hit San Fran first, and after three hours there, flew here. And, so far, I gotta say, San Diego has been Amazing. I'm so used to Evergreens and Maples, and here are trees of such crazy shape and color, along with PALM TREES. What an extravagance! And, there are things in bloom, and vibrant colors. Living in PA during the winter, you forget that things are alive out there, and you live in a world of brown, tan, and gray. Here, there is green, and all the colors you can find when you have flowers peeking forth. And, the smell of the ocean? You can't understand. I haven't seen, or felt, or smelled this particular ocean since I was 7. When I saw it, I had to climb down some rocks and get my hands into it, you know? It felt almost like some sort of ritual, ending a long lasting journey away from what I used to know. I keep trying to get people to understand how it feels, but I just don't have the words for it. I... Honestly don't think anyone quite gets it. But, I know it's giving me a kick in the ass. I want to get out of here! (Here, being PA, not San Diego.) I want to get on my way to Seattle, and start my life! I'm just... this has been electrifying, so far.

I'll even be eating at a Jack in the Box again. Heh... I mean, that I've seen Somewhat recently, I.E., about 5 years ago. But that's still such a long time. I'm tired of feeling like this all went so fast. Screw living in fast forward, without actually Living. If I'm going to be wasting time, I want to be doing it while feeling alive and in the moment. Life is a stage! The World is a Stage! And damn it, I'm an actor. And a good enough one, I think. ;D I'll write more, when I get time. I love all you crazy bastards.

Fragile Art,
“The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes.”

No comments:

Post a Comment