Thursday, December 15, 2011

vanity.

So, dear internet, it has been a simultaneously wild and mundane couple of months. Between working two jobs (hotel and two nights at the old gas station), a few film and acting endeavors (including my first paid film work that I may or may not post a link to depending on my mood by the end of this), family things, and just trying to fit in as much time with friends as possible, I find both little time to sleep and... Well, with the little time I get to play, all work Does make Mike a dull boy.

Simply put, there are too few hours in the day. Which is a blessing. If there were more, I'd just work more.

That is a sad realization to make, internet.

Anyhow, I just needed a place to vent tonight on how excited I am to see if me and a friend, http://pathofthehuman.blogspot.com author Scott, can't come up with some interesting ideas for short films. I need something to get my creative juices flowing, something to stretch those acting muscles that have been atrophying.

I've been trying to come up with ideas all night, as I'm paid here at this gas station basically to take up space. The things I'm coming up with, they all seem to exemplify my love of minimal tech. If I can run something without props, without anything special beyond a stage and an actor, you better damn well believe I will. Even if I can't, I'll try.

I'm stubborn.

This is why I feel I fit so well with my old acting group from college, TostAndTurned. It could be so minimalist at times. I love tearing these things down to the most basic factors, striping away the bullshit until only the actor remains. I came too see if you, and the magic you weave. I'm not interested in backdrops and other fluff. I want to see acting, and I'm not afraid to put all the pressure on those that set foot on stage. I know that's not the reason that Tost ran that way. We were poor. We made due with what we had, and what we didn't have. I don't know if my love of minimal tech and set developed from that, or if it'd been festering under the surface, waiting to finally make itself known, but either way, I have a passion for the poor mans production.

Anyhow, I've been on a zombie kick, and that was one of my first thoughts for a possible short. I'm sitting here, bouncing ideas around in my head for how to work it with no budget or competent makeup. The zombies don't have to be seen, though, so that solves most of the issues. But what should it be? Comedy? Drama? There are so many directions it could be taken. 

Haha, it feels so good to be thinking about something beyond mundane life issues. Car troubles, work, blagh, relationship woes, blah blah, worrying about fitting in runs, whine whine, bitch and moan. All of those things. Those are all the things I'd prefer not to have time to really consider. I'd prefer to be too focused on theatre, acting, film. I don't want the spare time to worry about any of that, because I'm just too engrossed in my passion. Alas, that'll have to wait, dear patient internet.

One step at a time, And I'll get there.

Just gotta show everyone just how stubbornly I can keep trying for it.

Fragile Art.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to seeing some of your work sometime soon. :) <3

    ReplyDelete