Sunday, February 7, 2010

Auditions!

Welp, there it is. Auditions were today. Good times. I Was, sorta kinda, studying for my Cognition test (Sorta Kinda being defined as "Four fifths off topic, one fifth actual study") when my phone reminded me that I had auditions tonight. Oy. Ran across campus, only to find that I was intelligent! And had set me phone to warn me hours in advance. Yay, past me, for thinking better than present me. But, I've found that that continues to be the case. Anyhow, I digress. I ran across campus, and, huffing and puffing, began to fill out my audition form.

Can I say that, my gosh, what a long time it's been since I've had the jitters? My hand was shaking so much that I didn't trust it to sign for me, and instead opted to write out my acting history on the back before even making an attempt. Heh... I don't miss that part soo much. But... I'm so used to TOST at this point, yes? I haven't auditioned in front of strangers in a while now. These were all people I'd never even met before, and I felt like such a novice. But, I like to think I did well enough to get me into a one act. I... may have been a little more stiff than I expected out of myself, but I've always been a weak auditioner. It's the one thing that worries me. Given alittle time, and I promise, I'll be able to handle my role on par with, or better than, anyone else. But that first run through, ugh, that's the killer. I was that way with Tost, but they all know what I can do now, so, it's almost too easy. I... get respect. It's weird how it feels to recognize it. I think I'll grow to like ti more, once I get passed the shock. 

I saw a couple people there that drew forth different reactions. A certain Matt allowed me to prove once again that you can be perfectly civil with someone you don't respect. Even friendly, close. But, I'll never get passed someone accepting roles, and then never showing up, or even casting out a courtesy e-mail to let the director know what's up. That's just rude, and shows a lack or professionalism. But not just that. I lied. It shows something deeper. You don't want anyone that has to Learn that lesson through life. You want someone that already Knows that that isn't acceptable. Beh. Heh. And the girl that thought I was gay (admittedly through some badly chosen words and phrases on my part) was there, but of course she would be. She's the only reason I actually might accept the chance at tech work, if I don't get cast... She was the SM, I believe, for other shows, and if she decides to do that again, I'd like to work with her. Tyler was there too... great actor, I always try to tell him how much I appreciate his craft after a show, but I fear that I'm just someone annoying. Ah well. I like it when people do that. Hopefully he does as well.

Annnyhow, I should be getting around to writing those 500 words for class. Let's see how that comes out.

Fragile Art,
“1) She doesn't get eaten by the eel at this time. 2) WHAT!? 1) I'm explaining to you because you look nervous. 1)I'm not nervous. Well, maybe I was a bit...concerned but that's not the same thing.”

No comments:

Post a Comment