Thursday, February 4, 2010

Rite of Passage

It really has been a long time since I've used this sort of thing, a blog, for anything other than venting emotion. Jeez... Maybe as far back as Xanga, actually, and we all know that was in the bygone years of lore. I'm excited, though, because I think this is promising.

Like I said, I have been posting things up into the interwub, but that's more of a "This isn't for just anyones eyes" sorta thing. In fact, it wasn't meant for Anyones, though I did eventually cave to a friend, and another found it herself... beh. What a weird, naked experience that was. Anyhow, here, it'll be a public thing.

I've been growling about college alot, lately. I hate the rite of passage it's become. We've all complained about how much of a business it is now (Every school would love to become a college... Who wouldn't want that sort of money flowing in annually? Jesus.) and this is not at all an original complaint, but I don't care. I'm here for the experience. I think that's what we're really supposed to be here for, not the years of a reality bubble followed by years of financial backlash. I'm probably not getting the degree I came here for, but that's life! I don't need it anymore. It'd be nice, but I don't need a fallback. I know what I want, and I think I know how I'm going to go about it. No matter what, I know I've got what it takes to handle the journey it'll require. I honestly can't wait to get started, pay off these stupid loans and then move on, into the world. Seattle, and it's theatre scene, won't know what hit it.

I've just had enough of it, living like I owe anyone anything. I was born an accident, and I sort of assume I'll go out in an interesting one (Hopefully something my friends will laugh about). This is my life, right? And I only get what, one? Well then, hot damn! What am I waiting for?

Fragile Art,
"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser."

No comments:

Post a Comment