Sunday, February 13, 2011

oy vey: abortion again?

So, we're on this again, huh? Sad. I just don't have the energy and that is what's the worst part. Apparently, the GOP is opening up the abortion debate again. And don't get me wrong, I've always loved that. I live for the thrill of telling an idiot that what he's believed in for so long, and been taught so strictly, is wrong. Telling then that it's ridiculous and appalling that they think for some reason they deserve to tell someone else what to do with their body. How I just don't see where they come from. You think that your belief system should supersede someone elses, but that none is ever allowed to do such to yours or you'll have a hissy fit?

I just don't have the energy any more. I grow weary of the weak debates, spoken with such conviction. They may have never thoroughly thought through the issue, but damn are they convinced what they've been taught is right. It WAS amusing once, but it's just a bit depressing now.

I am pro-choice in almost all things. This is no different. A person should always have final say over what goes on with their body. If that means having a mass of cells removed, so be it. Your personal opinion does not matter. If you have an issue with what is done, simply don't do it yourself. But respect the rights of others. That seems so simple, doesn't it? And yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment